Pages

torstai 27. elokuuta 2015

Product Review: ETUDE HOUSE Baby Choux Base in Mint Choux☆

Hello everyone!

Today I'm here with a review of one of my current favorite makeup products, and without further babbling: Let's get down to business! (oh and since I've used this a lot, the packaging is quite dirty-- apologies for that)

So the product in question is ETUDE HOUSE's Baby Choux Base makeup in Mint Choux and it's designed to be used under your BB-cream/foundation to cancel out any redness you have going on on your face. It also has brightening properties (=makes you look very pale) which is okay with me, since I'm dead pale to begin with-- But I doubt it would work on darker skin colors unfortunately.(Though darker skinned people rarely have problems with redness, but me being white as a sheet, I do have those. A lot--) Now that my skin is better the redness is not so bad, but the redness on my cheeks, nose and chin does annoy me, so this product was my savior! The texture of it is very creamy, but it doesn't feel very moisturising. On dry skin it might not feel so comfortable and blend so easily, but other skin types should have no problem! Especially since the product doesn't feel oily or anything, it will most likely work well even with oily skin. The product is also very matte even straight out of the bottle, and it also leaves your skin very matte!

One thing that might share opinions, is the scent of the product, since it is very strongly scented. It pretty much smells like a perfume, and I happen to love it! But I know many people don't like strongly scented makeup products, and it might irritate sensitive skin. So if you don't like/get skin irritations from strongly scented makeup, I wouldn't recommend this to you. Many Korean makeup products actually have a very strong, lovely scent, but this takes the cake of all the products I've tried!

But on to the demonstration!

B E F O R E  B L E N D I N G:

A F T E R  B L E N D I N G:

W I T H  C O N C E A L E R;

As you can see the coverage of the product is quite light, but it really does the work for me! Lately I've actually been using only this and some concealer as my base makeup and I almost like the look of it better than with BB-cream on top. Unlike foundation makeups, this doesn't leave any dry or cakey looking spots on your face but instead leaves your skin looking incredibly natural! And I really like my skin to look as natural as possible, but that's just my opinion. So even though this is sort of a face primer, it works really well as a foundation makeup too at least for me. But if you prefer a stronger coverage, just use your foundation makeup on top! I've only used BB-cream with this, so I don't really know how the product acts with other type of foundations. But since this leaves my skin looking and feeling like I have nothing on, I doubt it will have any problems with any kind of foundation makeups. So now onto my conclusion about this product:

T E X T U R E: Creamy, matte, blends easily on healthy skin, might be cakey on dry skin
★★★★☆
C O V E R A G E: light, but enough if you like natural looking skin
★★★☆☆
H O W  W E L L  I T  D O E S  I T ' S  J O B: coveríng redness and brightening skin
★★★★★
S C E N T:
strong, perfume-like
★★★★☆
P A C K A G I N G:
★★★★★

---

Thanks for reading, and see you again soon~!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti